Conceived during the 2016 Barcelona meeting of the Global Cardiovascular Nursing Leadership Forum, the Cardiovascular Nursing Certificate has come to fruition!
The Cardiovascular Nursing Certificate is a first-in-class global certificate program designed for advanced beginners. It combines clinically rigorous training in a user-friendly format with practical activities that make learning easier and compelling and sustains the retention of knowledge over time.
The online certificate includes modules on the following topics:
- Global Burden of Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) and Strategies for Population Health
- Pathophysiology of Atherosclerotic CVD
- Cardiovascular Assessment
- Cardiometabolic Risk Management
- Atherosclerotic CVD Prevention and Management
- Prevention and Management of Atrial Fibrillation
- Prevention and Management of Heart Failure
- Cardiovascular Pharmacology
- Communication and Person-centered Care for Patients with CVD
- Lifestyle/Behavior Change Counseling
- Putting Research into Practice
- Leadership and Advocacy
Getting Started with the Global Cardiovascular Nursing Certificate
The program was designed for nurses providing care to patients with, or at risk for, cardiovascular disease at the nursing proficiency level of advanced beginner as a cardiovascular nurse. Nurses who have a minimum of 2,000 hours of clinical experience will be able to successfully engage in this program.
You can register for the Cardiovascular Nursing Certificate Program by purchasing it here. The program cost is $125 USD and $25 for low-income countries. Once you complete your registration, you will be able to access the program and begin immediately! The estimated time to complete this self-paced program is 15 – 18 hours. You are encouraged to complete the program within three months.
In order to complete the Cardiovascular Nursing Certificate Program and obtain your professional certificate from PCNA, complete all modules in this program, including the self-assessment exercise prior to beginning the program and the pre- and post-tests for each module. A 70% passing score on the module post-tests is required to advance to the next module. You will have an unlimited number of attempts to pass a module.